Success Does Not Fuel Your Happiness
It’s easy to simplify happiness and claim that it’s obvious that successful people are happy. However, if you really interviewed 100 successful people, you may be surprised that a large percentage of them are not as happy as you think they ought to be. The fact is, you can be a millionaire, have a wonderful spouse, great kids, and everything you think you want, and still not be happy. The truth is happiness is the fuel for success. Success is not the fuel for happiness.
- Happiness Leads to More Productivity – When people are happy with the work, they do they tend to be willing to do it a lot more, even for free. Assuming other needs (food, shelter, health) are met a happy person can find joy doing the most mundane things because they can focus on outcomes instead of just what they are doing. They have the Mental Plane self-talk in place.
- Happiness Leads to Higher Profits – In companies that keep their employees happy by offering a living wage, benefits, and a flexible schedule the profits tend to be a lot higher. One reason is that when a person feels respected in their job, even if the work is hard, they are happier about doing it.
- Happiness Leads to Stability – When people are happy, they tend to be a lot more stable, stick to tasks longer, and are more likely to complete an assignment. In addition, they tend to job hop a lot less. This is one reason smart employers know that by making work a happy place they can reduce turn over.
- Happiness Leads to a Higher Work Ethic – Most people think of work ethic as something you must suffer to experience, but for happy people who are gratefully living in the NOW, they tend to stick to their jobs longer and work even harder. The main reason is that they have the energy to do it and can envision the outcomes more positively.
- Happiness Is Not About Wealth – Everyone knows someone who has plenty of money but is not happy and maybe even hateful. They seem to have everything but happiness. Because of this fact, it’s clear that being happy doesn’t always directly correlate to the circumstances you find yourself in regarding your bank account balance.
- Happiness Colors the Lens by Which You See Your NOW (Life) – The surprising truth about happiness is that if you practice happiness it will begin to affect how you see everything in the world. You’ll be able to pick out the most positive things in your NOW, no matter the situation.
- Happiness is About Today – Happiness is really all about today and staying in the moment you are in, your NEW NOW. If you’re happy today, you’re more likely to eat right, move more, get your work done, and do everything well. Naturally, that is going to affect the future too.
- Happiness is a Mindset – It’s hard to imagine it is true, but it is. Happiness is about your Mental Plane mastery. Thankfully, with work, you can train your mindset to be happier and more positive despite your current circumstances. Your body believes what your mind tells it.
While bad things do happen to good people and can bring them down, the truth is, happiness can be experienced by almost anyone regardless of where they are in life right NOW. It just requires that you accept that you can be happy, right NOW, without anything changing while also developing plans to make changes. Spending time retreating within gives you perspective and inner power to change and that’s what I call LIVING IN THE NOW. Do yourself a self-care first favor and spend retreat within time perusing my many published books to find the support your true self is encouraging you to find. You can find a link on the website for my Amazon Author page – Patricia Jean Smithyman-Zito. NOW, you do not have to journey alone!