NOW is a SMART time to pause and get down to work. Spend self-care journal time and make this information a real part of your new NOW. Read, reflect, expand, recreate, get personal, get real – NOW.
- Everyone wants results;
- Unfortunately, many people want immediate results without doing the work that’s necessary to achieve those results;
- It’s an evolutionary fact that we will take the easy road to a reward if one is available;
- However, the majority of the time there is no easy way to get desired results;
- This difficulty does not stop people from desiring those results;
- They simply choose to ignore the necessary work;
- This fact often means that the desired results remain unachieved;
- Behavior-based goals do not focus on the end result;
- Instead, they focus on the intermediate steps that need to be taken in order to be successful;
- They are more about the incremental elements of a process than the big picture;
- When you change your behaviors and develop specific new NOW behaviors then, in time, you will reach your overall goal;
- Behavior-based goals utilize a SMART philosophy which includes;
- Setting specific smaller goals that contribute to the overall result;
- Making sure that goals are measurable so that motivation continues;
- Ensuring that goals are achievable, so that time and effort aren’t wasted;
- Examining whether goals are realistic so that talent and ability are properly aligned with what is being attempted; and
- Using time-bound goals to keep forward momentum going and avoiding procrastination.
- 📏 What are your new NOW self-care first goals for living in the NOW on purpose?